World’s First Voice-Activated, Real-Time, Multiplayer Game
“Alexa, Play Brain Games!”
- Complete against players around the world in real-time using voice
- Create and customise a personal game avatar
- Level up and purchase in-game currency
The future of voice games has landed with the launch of Brain Games, the first ever online multiplayer game experience for Alexa, offering real-time, head-to-head play — all voice activated. The suite of fun and challenging word and number games can be played on Fire TV and Echo Show devices in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and India.
Brain Games offers four games, three of which are free to play. Players can create their own customisable avatar from millions of potential combinations with the ability to level up to unlock new character parts. It also features its own in-game currency, ‘Brain Bucks’, which can be purchased to unlock themed character customization packs or to access additional game content.
Brain Games has been developed by leading UK voice design studio Vocala, the developer team behind some of the most successful voice games including Pointless and Deal or No Deal. They are the first to make full use of the new Amazon Alexa WebAPI features for games to create a true first in voice gaming.
Richard Matthews, CEO of Vocala says: “We have always been driven by the potential of voice and its scope for innovation. Combined with our passion for creating game experiences we saw a huge opportunity with the Web API to take the Alexa game experience to the next level. We have big plans to keep innovating and add new features and capabilities.”
The Brain Games:
- Anagram Magic — Try to make the longest word possible from nine given letters. Get a longer word than your opponent in each of the three rounds to win
- Maths Master — Get as close as you can to a goal goal number using six given numbers and the 4 basic operators (+ — x %). Beat your opponent over three rounds to win
- Word Wheel — Use the letter in the centre of a nine-letter anagram wheel to make as many words as you can. Get more than your opponent in the time limit to be the winner
- Speedy Sums (purchased with Brain Bucks) — Answer as many quick-fire maths puzzles as you can in the time limit. Answer more than your opponent before the clocks runs down to win
A welcoming ‘lobby’ allows gamers to view and select available games, view their scores, see what other players are online and check how much is in their Brain Bucks bank. Search and selection has been made as frictionless as possible with the option to use the Fire TV remote or Echo Show touch screen instead of voice. The player is prompted with tips and suggested commands throughout both visually and verbally, adding to the user-friendly experience.
Brain Games can be enjoyed for free with Brain Bucks bundles available to purchase at £0.99/$0.99 for 100 Bucks, £1.99/$1.99 for 300 Bucks or £4.99/$4.99 for 1,000 Bucks. With bright and colourful graphics, fun animated characters and cheerful background music (which can be muted) it’s a fun visual and audio experience.
Whether you’re a maths master, a word whizz, you’re speedy at sums or you’re magic at solving anagrams, there’s a brain game for you to enjoy. Just say, “Alexa, play Brain Games” to get started.